Skin in the game is a concept used various ivestment platforms where a loan originator needs to hold an equity stake in its loans. When skin in the game is used loan originators that place loans on Debitum Network are required to keep a certain percentage of each loan. For example, if a loan originator has agreed on a 5% skin in the game, the originator would need to hold a € 50 stake in a € 1000 loan. This prevents loan originators from offering excessive amount of loans. Moreover, this allows to align investors' and loan originators' interests.
Back to "Investing"
What is skin in the game?
Articles in this category
- What are the loyalty services?
- When do I receive penalty fees?
- An investment was late but I did not receive a penalty fee. How can that happen?
- What is a penalty fee?
- Will I continue to get interest if a loan is late?
- What is skin in the game?
- Can I make a deposit from a bank account that is not in my name?
- What is cashback?
- Can I see which company am I funding?
- What happens if a borrower decides to pay back earlier? See more